Beijing United Family Rehabilitation Hospital has an international team of physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech pathologists.They mainly specialize in postpartum rehabilitation, neurological rehabilitation, orthopedic rehabilitation, hydrotherapy rehabilitation, and pediatric rehabilitation. Almost all our team members have the experience of studying and working abroad to learn the cutting-edge world of rehabilitation theory and technology as part of comprehensive rehabilitation therapy for patients who need physical therapy and occupational therapy.
Speech Therapist in Charge
Senior Speech & Language Therapy Consultant
Intermediate Physical Therapist
Wei Xu Hui
Tian De Kuan
Physical Therapist, Therapist-in-charge
Physical therapy services include:
- Function assessment, such as muscle strength, range of motion (ROM), balance (sitting, standing), position transfer, and walking ability.
- Enhance individual’s muscle strength and endurance.
- Enhance individual’s range of motion.
- Guidance for patient in gait training to improve walking ability.
- Guidance for patient in exercises to improve nerve and joint mobilization.
- Provide traction treatment, hands-on therapy, and massage services.
- Provide electrotherapy, phototherapy, hydrotherapy, ultrasonic therapy, and biofeedback services.
- Patient education on movement prevention and development.
Occupational therapy goals include:
- Function assessment including daily life activities, sense and feeling, and cognitive abilities.
- Provide patient guidance on daily life activities.
- Provide patient guidance in sense and feeling training.
- Provide patient guidance on simple housework re-training.
- Provide patient guidance in the use of a wheelchair or artificial limbs.
- Provide patient guidance in cognitive ability training.
- Suggestion on make the patient’s living environment more accessible.
Aquatic therapy uses the physical properties of water, including buoyancy, resistance, hydrostatic pressure and turbulence, to assist in healing and exercise performance. Aquatic therapy improves the functions of musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiovascular, and pulmonary systems for patients/clients across the age span.
Aquatic therapy interventions are designed to improve or maintain:
- Balance, coordination and agility
- Body mechanics and postural stabilization
- Flexibility and joint range of movement
- Muscle strength, power, and endurance
- Relaxation, reduction of muscle spasm, and pain relief
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Beijing United Family Rehabilitation Hospital (BJURH) has advanced HBOT technology and an experienced medical team. Our bright and spacious HBOT cabins provide patients a comfortable therapeutic experience with a roomy sofa and a wide selection of English-language movies.
Before your session, our BJURH nurse team will provide a detailed explanation for patients and their families. HBOT cabins are equipped with a video, audio, and ECG monitoring system, including a special pneumatic breathing machine, to ensure the safety of our patients. Upon request, nurses and family members may accompany patients into the chamber to provide moral support after an appropriate screening process.
Psychological rehabilitation is the systematic use of psychological theories and practices stemming from biological, cerebral, and social perspectives to treat a full range of disabilities that patient’s may face. It promotes overall psychological health which increases overall physical health and rehabilitation. Psychological rehabilitation helps patients recover body functionality, overcome obstacles, and promotes full and equal participation in all aspects of societal life. Psychological rehabilitation is critical to the general rehabilitation process whereby a healthy mental state plays a very critical role. .
Psychological rehabilitation services mainly serve to ameliorate:
- Various acute, chronic, traumatic, progressive and congenital disabilities or diseases caused by a variety of cognitive, behavioral, or emotional developmental disorders
- Spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, stroke, peripheral nerve injury, Parkinson’s disease and other neurological disorders caused by cognitive, behavioral and emotional disorders
- Amputations, fractures and other motor system disorders compounded by a variety of psychological disorders
- Various geriatric diseases such as high blood pressure, hypertension, heart disease, diabetes and other disorders caused by various psychological factors
- Other maladies such as pain, sleep disorders, burns, and malignant tumors complicated by psychological problems
- Psychological stress, emotional distress, insomnia and similar disorders caused by psychological trauma
- Family, social and emotional problems, issues adapting, and a variety of other disorders caused by psychological issues
Psychological rehabilitation services include:
- Testing and evaluation of IQ, memory, emotion, personality, behavior, psychological trauma, post traumatic psychological distress, and social viability
- Support for abnormal emotional and psychological trauma
- Cognitive therapy for patients with psychological, emotional and behavioral disorders
- Rehabilitation for poor brain function, memory loss, attention deficit, and other suboptimal cognitive functions
- Music therapy for cognitive, language, emotional and behavioral disorders
- Speech therapy and speech imitation practice, language exchange and interactive life skills training for those facing behavior communications issues
- HRV and BETS neuropsychological assessments and training
- Counseling and guidance for family members of patients coping with illnesses
Featured Rehabilitation Equipment
Advanced Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing System
The advanced cardiopulmonary exercise testing system performs risk assessment and screens for potential coronary heart disease. It also helps people already suffering from coronary artery disease detect the location and extent of myocardial ischemia. For patients with heart and lung diseases, the exercise program is an effective tool to monitor and assess their rehabilitation progress.
Balance Test and Training System
Balance testing and training system provides assessment and training for nerve injuries, sports injuries, bone and joint damage in the body’s lower extremities and trunk, and the brain’s motor control and proprioception (the unconscious perception of movement and spatial orientation). It is important for developing a clinical evaluation to guide rehabilitation treatment, while also forecasting the chances of the elderly falling from imbalance. This device strengthens multi-sensory systems involved in training through an interactive, user-friendly interface and real-time feedback in order to encourage the patient and benefiting them physically and mentally.
Imoove Versatile Training Rehabilitation
The Imoove versatile training rehabilitation system has a wide application in functional rehabilitation and is a major innovation in the field of rehabilitation. Developed based on feedback from physical therapists, Imoove focuses on the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. Imoove’s elliptical exercise equipment uses non-linear spiral movements to stimulate muscle chains and motion joints.
Water Jet Massage Table
Massage is widely used in therapy for sports, fitness, rehabilitation, and recreation. A water pressure massage is an alternative to a typical massage from an experienced masseur. By adjusting temperature and the intensity of the water jets, a deep and warming massage is the result. The massage table’s surface is divided into six zones with 24 total massage jets, taking care to avoid the spine. This treatment relieves tension, improves circulation and metabolism, firms tissue, stimulates the lymphatic system, reduces stress, and improves overall health.
Eddy Bath Fixtures
Imported whirlpool baths, use water jets and thermal effects to treat stroke, injuries to the upper and lower extremities, spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy and other central nervous system disorders resulting in increased muscle tension, muscle spasms, joint stiffness and contractures, and limited range of motion due to prolonged bed rest. After treatment and training, passive range of motion can improve.
Copyright United Family Healthcare 2014 All right reserved - 京卫网审第1927号 - 京ICP备13017554号-4 医疗广告审查证明文号：（京）医广【2018】第12-28-1021号